Purpose of Evaluation
Purpose of Evaluation
1) College and university admissions: To determine whether an applicant meets the educational requirements for admission to a college or university in the United States.
2) Employment: To assess the qualifications of job applicants who have completed their education in other countries, and to determine whether they meet the requirements for certain positions.
3) Professional licensing: To assess the qualifications of individuals who have completed their education in other countries and are seeking professional licensing or certification in the United States.
4) Immigration: To determine whether an individual’s education meets the requirements for certain immigration benefits, such as employment-based visas.
5) Other purposes: Evaluations of foreign education credentials may also be required for other purposes, such as scholarship applications or participation in exchange programs.
The type of Evaluation Report and required documents depend on the exact purpose of the Evaluation. It is always recommended to get the requirements in a written form from the intended recipient before applying for evaluation.
If the requirements do not state in the explicit form that Document-by-Document or Course-By-Course Evaluation is necessary, it is always best to apply for a Course-by-Course Evaluation (the most comprehensive report).
Admissions processes and requirements may vary from institution to institution. Contact the admissions office of your chosen institution for instructions. Some educational institutions evaluate foreign credentials themselves, others will refer you to a credential evaluation service, such as Globe Language Services.
An equivalent of a US High School Diploma is generally required for admission into undergraduate programs and an equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree is required for admission into graduate programs (Master’s and Doctorate).
Diploma/ degree (aka, “general” or “document-by-document”) evaluation reports are used to apply for college admission, while Course-by-course (aka, “detailed” or “transcript”) evaluation reports are used for admission and the awarding of transfer credit. If you have completed university-level study outside the United States, please choose the Course-by-Course Evaluation (Transcript Evaluation).